In our busy lives, it’s the new norm to always be on the look out for a quick, easy and healthy hack to add to our eating routine.
And overnight oats has been in the spotlight lately, mainly because it checks all of those boxes. Oats are one of the healthiest breakfast options out there, and if you can just grab them and go, well, that’s just an added bonus.
We’ve taken the classic overnight oats to the next level by fueling them with superfoods like protein-heavy chia seeds, energy and mood boosting maca powder, and antioxidant-charged goji berries and blueberries.
Flax milk also plays a key role in boosting Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as other essentials like calcium and vitamins A, B12 and D.
Savor these oats on a slow, leisurely Saturday, or eat them straight from the jar on a busy weekday morning.
A quick tip: pack all your toppings – like sliced and dried fruit – in a ziplock bag, to take on the go as your rush out the door. You’ll thank yourself later for this effortless and deliciously satisfying morning snack-hack.
Superfood Overnight Oats
– 12 Ingredients
– 10-Minute Prep
– 1 cup flax milk
– 2 tbsp almond butter
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp cacao powder
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– Goji Berries
– Coconut shreds
– Sliced almonds
– Pour flax milk into a mason jar or other sealable container.
– Add almond butter.
– Add cinnamon, maca and cacao powder.
– Add honey.
– Stir to combine, until all ingredients have dissolved into the liquid.
– Mix oats and chia seeds gently into liquid.
– Cover and refrigerate overnight.
– Top with fresh and dried fruit, sliced almonds and coconut shreds.
– Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
More Cooking Content from ASN