And this time of year, there’s no better place to be than the Gold Coast of Australia.
Sure, the breaks are crowded, beers can be a bit expensive and the flights aren’t that cheap. But this is 2016 and you’re gonna do things this year. Plus, you could easily get the barrel of your life.
1. Take advantage of the ridiculous surf
Honestly, do you use a computer? Yes, you do. Of course you do. Well, then, you should know by now that Snapper Rocks and the entire Gold Coast have been going off their gourd in 2016 -- and it doesn’t look like it’s stopping anytime soon.
SURFING has much more coverage on all that.
2. Enjoy the weather before winter hitsActivities like the Gold Coast Turf Club, music festivals like the Byron Bay Bluesfest (just a short jaunt from the Gold Coast) and animal visits are big this time of year.
3. See your favorite pro surfer(s) in personThe entire surf world descends upon the Gold Coast to take over Snapper Rocks for the launch of the new World Surf League season each year. 2016 is no different. The Quiksilver and Roxy Pros bring the world’s best surfers all to one spot -- so why not be there to meet them all?
Hey, no one is going to judge you for having Stephanie Gilmore and Kelly Slater sign your bod.
4. You might get to see Paul Fisher’s penis surfboard in action
I mean, is there anything funnier than seeing the world’s best pro surfers have to awkwardly deal with a penis-shaped surfboard in front of their faces? Even if penis surfboards aren’t your thing, this is further evidence that you’ll be having a helluva time with the Quik and Roxy Pros going on.
5. Seize the carpeYou’re not getting any younger -- and Australia isn’t getting any less crowded. So why not use those vacation days early in the year and go ahead and have an adventure? Future you will thank you for it someday.
More from GrindTV