It’s that time of year again. Time for athletes to act like superstars and saunter down the red carpet for ESPN’s annual ESPY Awards. The Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly Award’s will be hitting the Nokia Theatre in LA on July 13th. Comedian Seth Meyers returns this year as host and is sure to keep the crowd rolling with his raunchy humor.
Before the big show, ESPN wants you to vote for your favorite athletes. Several X Games athletes have been nominated for these prestigious awards and we think you should show your support for them.
Best Female Athlete:
– Won SuperPipe gold medal at Winter X, Winter X Europe and Burton U.S. Open.
– Became the first female snowboarder to land a 1080 in competition, at Winter X.
– Won the Super G, Super-Combined and Downhill titles in 2011.
– Finished the season with eight race wins.
Best Male Action Sports Athlete:
– Won gold in Snowboard SuperPipe at Winter X 2011 and Silver in Skateboard Vert at X Games 2010.
– Won the two Skateboard Vert stops at which he competed on the 2010 Dew Tour.
– Winter X and Winter X Europe repeat gold in Ski SuperPipe.
– Won 2 of 3 Dew Tour events plus the Dew points crown.
– Earned the AFP Superpipe points title by an enormous margin.
-Won his 10th ASP World Tour title (most in history) in 2010 at age 38.
-Is now the youngest person to win surfing’s top points title (captured at age 20) and the oldest.
-Won Moto X Double gold at X Games 2010 (Freestyle and Speed & Style)
-Won his 5th straight Winter X SnoCross gold.
-Won 11 of 16 National series contests despite racing the 2nd half of the season with a wrist that needed surgery
-Captured both 2011 National series points titles.
Best Female Action Sports Athlete:
-Won Ski SuperPipe gold at both Winter X (her fourth SuperPipe gold at Winter X) and Winter X Europe.
-Also earned victories at a pair of World Cup events
-Won Winter X SuperPipe gold medal, Winter X Europe gold medal and Burton U.S. Open.
-Became the first female snowboarder to land a 1080 in competition, at Winter X.
-Won her second straight Moto X Racing gold at X Games 2010.
-Also finished second in points on the Women’s Motocross Association tour in 2010.
-At 23, won four of the eight surfing events on the 2010 ASP World Tour on her way to a fourth straight points crown.
Go get your vote on. Do it.