FLY Racing Sector Boot
Colors: White or black
What It Is
The Sector is FLY Racing's first foray in the high-end boot market, created in conjunction with Italian manufacturer TCX. A number of TCX elements are used in the Sector's design, including the Torsion Control System, a slip-on inner bootie complete with gel inserts around the ankle, and CE certification.
- Break-in was a breeze, and we took them out of the box and straight onto the track without issues.
- Fit of the Sector is spot-on. Thanks to the bootie and mesh liner, we were comfortable from the moment we slipped them on until the final laps of each riding session, with no pressure points or ill-fitting areas.
- The bootie is practically perfect. Although the design is rather basic, the lack of straps or “supports” makes it comfortable for nearly everyone.
- Getting the boot laced and latched is easy, thanks to the adjustable straps and easy-to-use buckles. There's no need to yank the strap or slam down on the clasp when getting things in place.
- The Torsion Control System offers excellent support through rough landings and dabbed corners, but didn't restrict our range of motion for normal riding.
- Heavy reinforcement through the ankle, heel, and toe box offers excellent protection, while still allowing ample feel of critical areas like the brake and shift lever.
- Replacement straps, buckles, and soles are available directly from FLY.
- Because half-sizes aren't offered, we highly recommend trying on a pair before purchase.
- Color options are limited to just standard white or black. And since it’s a FLY branded boot, it won’t necessarily match with gear from competing companies.
Partnering with TCX for their first high-end boot was a wise choice by FLY Racing. They were able to improve an already established platform and jump into the market competitively. The Sector boot has everything that a racer needs without spending too much. It's the perfect touch to complete your FLY ensemble.