With the start of the 2018 race season upon us, we know that many of you will need a quick refresher to remember the rider and team pairings. Below is a list of the main teams that will contest the 2018 Monster Energy Supercross Series and 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, complete with a rider’s assigned number and their planned class for the year ahead. Keep this handy as we start the new year…
Monster Energy Kawasaki
Team Manager | Dan Fahie
3. Eli Tomac – 450 SX & MX
33. Josh Grant – 450 SX & MX
Eli Tomac and Josh Grant return to the Monster Energy Kawasaki team thanks to contract extensions they signed in 2017. They will spend the entire year racing in the 450 class.
Team Honda HRC
Team Manager | Erik Kehoe
14. Cole Seely – 450 SX & MX
94. Ken Roczen – 450 SX & MX
Cole Seely and Ken Roczen hold multi-year contracts with Team Honda HRC. They will spend the entire year racing in the 450 class.
Monster Energy/Knich/Yamaha Factory Racing
Team Manager | Jim Perry
2. Cooper Webb – 450 SX &MX
18. Davi Millsaps – 450 SX &MX
51. Justin Barcia – 450 SX (Fill-In For First Six Rounds)
Cooper Webb and Davi Millsaps were the original riders for the team, but an elbow and head injury will keep Millsaps from making the start of the year. With that, Barcia has signed a six-race contract to fill-in for Millsaps. All will race in the 450 class.
Red Bull KTM
Team Manager | Roger DeCoster
20. Broc Tickle – 450 SX & MX
25. Marvin Musquin – 450 SX & MX
Marvin Musquin signed a multi-year contract extension with the Red Bull KTM team in 2017 and Broc Tickle is a new addition in 2018. They will spend the entire year racing in the 450 class.
Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna
Team Manager | Bobby Hewitt
15. Dean Wilson – 450 SX & MX
16. Zach Osborne – 250 SX East & 450 MX
21. Jason Anderson – 450 SX & MX
30. Mitchell Harrison – 250 SX West & 250 MX
64. Michael Mosiman – 250 SX East & 250 MX
Dean Wilson, Zach Osborne, Jason Anderson, and Michael Mosiman are all returning to the Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna team thanks to multi-year contracts, while Mitchell Harrison is a new addition. Anderson and Wilson will race the 450 class throughout the year and Harrison and Mosiman will race the 250 class through the year. Osborne will defend his 250 East Coast SX title and then move up to the 450 class for the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship.
AutoTrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing
Team Manager | Jeremy Albrecht
19. Justin Bogle – 450 SX & MX
34. Weston Peick– 450 SX & MX
46. Justin Hill – 250 SX West & 250 MX
47. Jimmy Decotis – 250 SX East & 250 MX
54. Phil Nicoletti – 250 SX West
76. Kyle Peters – 250 SX East
The AutoTrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing team grew thanks to support from Suzuki. Weston Peick, Phil Nicoletti, and Kyle Peters have all ridden for the team in the past, but Jimmy Decotis, Justin Hill, and Justin Bogle are new riders for 2018. Peters and Nicoletti will only race for the team in the 250 SX series, while Decotis and Hill have contracts that run for all of SX and MX.
Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM
Team Manager | Michael Byrne
4. Blake Baggett – 450 SX & MX
42. Dakota Alix – 250 SX West & MX
56. Anthony Rodriguez – 250 SX East
60. Benny Bloss – 450 SX & MX
Blake Baggett, Benny Bloss, and Dakota Alix return to the Rocky Mountain ATV-MC/WPS/KTM team in 2018 and Anthony Rodriguez is a recent addition. Baggett and Bloss will race the full year in the 450 class, Alix the SX season in the 250 and likely move the 450 for the MX season, and Rodriguez is said to have a SX-only deal.
Team Manager | Tony Alessi
10. Justin Brayton – 450 SX
12. Jake Weimer – 450 SX
55. Vince Friese – 450 SX
Justin Brayton, Jake Weimer, and Vince Friese will all contest the full 450 SX season with SmarTop/MotoConcepts/Honda, a Supercross-only team.
Team Manager | Christina Denney
53. Bradley Taft – 250 SX West & 250 MX
91. Alex Ray – 450 SX & MX
114. Brandon Hartranft – 250 SX East & 250 MX
Bradley Taft and Alex Ray return to the CycleTrader/Rock River/Yamaha for 2018 while Brandon Hartranft will make his professional debut.
22. Chad Reed – 450 SX
After parting ways with factory teams, Chad Reed returns for another year of racing as a well-supported privateer aboard Husqvarna equipment for the SX season.
LVN100/Nut Up Industries/Suzuki
Team Manager | Kenny Watson
58. Matt Bisceglia – 450 SX
72. Josh Hansen – 450 SX
Josh Hansen’s self-run operation returns for the 450 SX series in 2018 with direct support from Suzuki and a new teammate of Matt Bisceglia.
Team Manager | Dustin Pipes
39. Kyle Cunningham – 450 SX
48. Henry Miller – 450 SX
149. Tallon LaFountaine – 250 SX West
181. Dustin Pipes – 450 SX
An all-new Suzuki supported team, H.E.P. Motorsports/FXR/Suzuki will field Kyle Cunningham, Henry Miller, and Dustin Pipes in the 450 class throughout the SX series, along with Tallon LaFountaine in the 250 SX West Coast series.
Team Manager | Dan Betley
6. Jeremy Martin – 250 SX East & 250 MX
32. Christian Craig – 250 SX West & 250 MX
36. RJ Hampshire –250 SX East & 250 MX
40. Chase Sexton –250 SX West & 250 MX
66. Cameron McAdoo – 250 SX East & 250 MX
The five-rider GEICO Honda squad of Jeremy Martin, Christian Craig, RJ Hampshire, Chase Sexton, and Cameron McAdoo will split up for the 250 SX series and then run the full 250 MX series. Martin will race the opening three races of the season (Anaheim One, Houston, Anaheim Two) on a Team Honda HRC-GEICO Honda supported CRF450R in the 450 class.
Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki
Team Manager | Mitch Payton
17. Joey Savatgy – 250 SX East & 250 MX
29. Martin Davalos – 250 SX West & 250 MX
35. Austin Forkner –250 SX East & 250 MX
92. Adam Cianciarulo – 250 SX West & 250 MX
The four-rider Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki team of Joey Savatgy, Martin Davalos, Austin Forkner, and Adam Cianciarulo will split up for the 250 SX series and then run the full 250 MX series.
Team Manager | Brad Hoffman
23. Aaron Plessinger – 250 SX West & 250 MX
24. Dylan Ferrandis –250 SX East & 250 MX
31. Colt Nichols –250 SX East & 250 MX
52. Mitchell Oldenburg –250 SX West & 250 MX
62. Justin Cooper – 250 SX West & 250 MX
The five-rider Monster Energy/Yamalube/Star/Yamaha team of Aaron Plessinger, Dylan Ferrandis, Colt Nichols, Mitchell Oldenburg, and Justin Cooper will split up for the 250 SX series and then run the full 250 MX series.
Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/KTM
Team Manager | Tyler Keefe
26. Alex Martin – 250 SX West & 250 MX
28. Shane McElrath – 250 SX West & 250 MX
43. Sean Cantrell – 250 SX East & 250 MX
44. Jordon Smith – 250 SX East & 250 MX
51FIFTY Energy Yamaha
Team Manager | Craig Monty
11. Kyle Chisholm – 250 SX West
63. Hayden Mellross – 250 SX West
The 51FIFTY Energy Yamaha team of Kyle Chisholm and Hayden Mellross will contest the 250 West SX series.
JE Motorsports/Skase MX/Husqvarna
Team Manager | Nathan Fite
59. Cole Martinez – 250 SX West & Select 450 SX
63. Justin Starling – 250 SX West
The new JE Motorsports/Skase MX/Husqvarna team of Cole Martinez and Justin Starling will race the 250 SX West series, with Martinez running select rounds of SX in the 450 class.
Team Manager | Kenny Day
38. Luke Renzland – 250 SX East
49. Nick Gaines – 250 SX East
131. Jayce Pennington – 250 SX East
Traders Racing will run the 250 SX East series with Luke Renzland, Nick Gaines, and Jayce Pennington.
Team Manager | Jamie Ellis
67. Justin Hoeft – 250 SX West
137. Martin Castello – 250 SX West
170. Michael Leib – 250 SX West
The three-rider IBcorp Racing team of Justin Hoeft, Martin Castello, and Michael Leib will race the 250 SX West series.
Team Tedder/Monster Energy/ Lucas Oil/KTM
Team Manager | Matt Tedder
90. Dakota Tedder – 450 SX & 450 MX
Dakota Tedder’s family-run operation has moved to KTM equipment for 2018, with Tedder to run the full year in the 450 class.
Team Manager | Jensen Hendler
74. Jon Ames – 250 SX West
81. Chase Marquier – 250 SX West
122. Chris Howell – 250 SX West
130. Austin Root – 250 SX West
The JMC Motorsports team grows to four riders in 2018 with Jon Ames, Chase Marquier, Chris Howell, and Austin Root all set to run the 250 SX West series.
Team Manager | Chris Elliot
80. AJ Catanzaro – 450 SX
271. Ryan Breece – 250 SX West
321. Bradley Lionnet – 250 SX West
Rockwell Racing will field Ryan Breece and Bradley Lionnet for the 250 SX West series and will support 450 SX racer AJ Catanzaro during the West Coast races.