There are many deciding factors when choosing a new complete bike. Whether you're new to the sport or returning after a long absence, the list of things to consider are numerous; maybe you want a bike with the best components possible or geometry that fits your riding style, for example. For others, a cool looking bike is the only thing that matters, which is frustrating for both manufacturers and salesman alike. It's a simple fact of business that you need to create a product that is both well-functioning and visually appealing, and this is especially important in BMX, where so many bikes these days are hard to distinguish if you take their stickers off. Colony’s new Premise complete bike fits all of the above criteria, with a full-chromoly frame set and a paint job that looks way more expensive than its price tag. Let's roll on, shall we?
The Colony Premise lies right in the middle of Colony's diverse lineup of complete bikes, which includes both top of the line pro models and flatland bikes for beginners. The Premise is built around a full-4130 chromoly frame and fork, which even includes a CNC'd 1-piece steer tube, which is more important than many riders think it is. The 20.75" top tube and 13.2" rear end is a sweet spot size-wise, fitting riders of all shapes and sizes and giving extra pop for those figuring out spins and grinds. The ever-important drivetrain consists of 8-spline chromoly cranks and 25t sprocket pushed by Colony Fantastic Plastic pedals, which power the double-walled, fully sealed wheelset, featuring a female front axle and 9t driver in the back. The rest of the component package on the Premise consists of many modern standards, like 9" bars, top-load stem, balloon tires and a 1-piece seat/post combo, but the real selling point is the special "Firestorm" paint scheme: the black & copper swirl mimics a pro-level custom paint job and really stands out amongst the sea of black and raw rides taking up deck space everywhere.
The Colony Premise complete is available now at all Colony dealers, which of course includes Dans Comp. The Premise retails for only $489.99, which is an absolute steal based on what you get. The custom Firestorm colorway is available at no extra charge, but if you're looking for a little more subtlety in your ride, the Premise is also available in Gloss Black, Bright Red and limited edition Electric Blue. For more information on all of Colony's offerings, check out www.colonybmx.com and be sure to follow them on Instagram at @colonybmxbrand.
• Frame: Colony Premise Full CrMo, 20.75" TT 13.25" rear, 75.2 HT, 71 ST, Mid BB, Integrated Headset.
• Stand over Height: 8.0" (centre of BB shell to centre of TT)
• Forks: Colony Full CrMo, tapered legs with 1 piece CNC steer tube.
• Brakes: Alloy 990 style (rear)
• Lever: Alloy
• Cables: Linear Slick (rear)
• Headset: Integrated
• Stem: Colony Forged Top Load Alloy
• Bars: Colony Full CrMo, 9.0" Rise x 29.5" Wide
• Grips: Colony Much Room
• Sprocket: Colony Endeavour Alloy 25T
• Cranks: Colony CrMo Tubular 8 spline 19mm spindle 170mm
• Bottom Bracket: Sealed Mid 19mm
• Chain: KMC
• Pedals: Colony Fantastic Plastic
• Rims: Double Wall 6000 Series Alloy 36h
• Front Tyre: New Innova 2.25"
• Rear Tyre: New Innova 2.25"
• Spokes: Black
• Front Hub: Colony Alloy Female Axle, Full Sealed Bearing, 36h
• Rear Hub: Colony Alloy Cassette, 14mm axle, Full sealed bearing with 9t driver, 36h
• Seat & Seatpost: Colony 'HAVE FUN' Fat Seat/Post Combo
• Weight: 11.2kgs
• Comes in Gloss Black, Firestorm, & Electric Blue (Limited Edition)